Saturday, March 12, 2011

Peru!

Arrived to Peru around 20:00, and it finally hit me that this is what I have dreamed about ever since I started studying Spanish and especially since I heard the words study abroad. I know this isn't a study abroad program, but even in the 4 hours I've been here I can't believe how much I've learned, just about the culture and the language and this organization. Our Medlife contact Alberto met us at the aeropuerto and we took a van to the hostel. We were starved so we walked to Plaza Kennedy which was basically a larger, busier more urban version of the Marietta square. I ate at the popular Peruvian fast food place called Bembos, had a chicken taco with I have no idea what all on it, but I talked at least 4 locals over the course of the night completely in Spanish, so that was an accomplishment! Made plans for a group of us to go running in the morning along the coast of SOUTH AMERICA! What the heck, can't believe I'm here. Looking forward to the lessons God will teach me and the work He has for me here. On fact, at this moment 6 of us are sitting around in the living room area discussing religion and faith. Thank you for your prayers and support. Hope I'll be able to keep you all updated! Buenos noches, Savannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment