Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Veggie Burger Night!

Updates: My best friend and most incredible roommate in the world got into her major, so that was the latest cause for apartment celebration. We enjoyed a pretty fantastic dinner at The Grit. If you live in Athens and haven't been there- you're missing out!

The UGA Gymdogs upset the Alabama Crimson Tide on Saturday in our best gymnastics meet of the season, I'd say. THAT was a fun meet to work. It was also Noel Couch's first week back competing and she ROCKED IT. And there was Star Wars music in her floor routine. And students dressed us as Star Wars characters in the crowd. We love our Gymdogs.  

I'd been wanting to make this recipe for a long time, especially because I had so many of the ingredients  on hand. By the time I finally got around to making these Black Bean Quinoa burgers... I had used up all of my quinoa. Oops. SO the only substitution I made to this recipe was using millet instead of quinoa. Worked perfectly, if I do say so myself. But you be the judge. Check out the link below and tell me these don't look IDENTICAL to the ones pictured on the blog. 

Recipe found here!


The flavors from the minced chipotles in adobo really shone through; that is an ingredient I will definitely be incorporating more often into my cooking.
I also loved the sauce recipe. More of the minced chipotles in adobo, greek yogurt, honey and dijon mustard. MMMMM. Mopped that business up with those fries. 


As you'll see, I also made some (baked) sweet potato fries. Recipe at the bottom of this page.


Here's just a few more pics of some recent treats:

Frozen vegetables, bacon and quinoa with some seasoning salt I picked up in Peru. Dinner in a quick fix!

Smores cookie bars. NOM.
So sorry to disappoint and only have a picture from the top... because these layered bars of smores goodness were gooey and the perfect way to enjoy your favorite campfire treat, but from the oven. Find the recipe here!


No comments:

Post a Comment