Friday, February 14, 2014

A Few Good Eats

While this image may not be the most glamorous, let me tell you: try this recipe and you will forget this picture as you gobble your portion down and head for seconds ASAP. This is such a great alternative to traditional Shepherds Pie and is packed with veggies, lean protein and vitamins. I use 0% plain greek yogurt instead of sour cream to make it even healthier. Make sure you check the chicken broth you use for its sodium levels. We like this straight out of the oven (hot) or the next day as leftovers (cold). Just be sure the filling only fills your pan 2/3 of the way or it will bubble out during cooking. I always put my dishes (9X13s, cake pans, etc) onto a cookie sheet while cooking for ease of access (pulling it in and out of the oven) and easier clean up (the two times I have made this, my filling has bubbled out: oops).

 
This dish was very filling, fresh and delicious. Use barbeque sauce as a dressing and you will be stunned with how flavorful this salad is! If you can't tell from the picture, it has lettuce, corn, grilled chicken, cherry tomatoes, cottage cheese and avocado. The recipe called for goat cheese (expensive, hence the subbed cottage cheese) and cilantro (probably a great addition, I just forgot it). Hope y'all try it out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment