Saturday, July 21, 2012

Friday

Friday morning started out with my last pre-work morning walk. I headed over to the corner market one last time and got some bananas and a coffee "to go." 
Coffee in a bag!

To be honest, I'm surprised the coffee wasn't just poured straight into a bag itself. A paper cup?? What an upgrade!

After a day spent finishing up a little bit of work and also writing some good-bye notes, I began the process of packing. You'd think packing up from a trip is so much easier than packing to come, and in a way, it is. You have everything that you need to get back home and you just have to figure out how to fit it into the luggage you have available. 

In my case, since I picked up quite a few souvenirs and was already planning on dumping a few articles of clothing that had gotten dirty beyond wear-ability at clinics, I was also having to decide what am I leaving, what am I taking? I currently have a in-between pile, which I plan to put near the top of the suitcase so that if it happens to be overweight I already know the things that I can live without taking back (ahem, my quick-dry towel that traveled with me all over Ica and Cusco and may or may not have been dropped on a few hostel bathroom floors. I'm okay if that doesn't make the cut.)

Carolyn and I took Maurice out to a restaurant near our office called Tierra Santa. We'd eaten at the branch in Miraflores before but never been to the one by our place. It was a nice walk over there and Carolyn and I pretty much already knew exactly what we wanted (although it was still hard for me to turn down some of other options-- when they have pictures in the menu everything just looks so good!!)
Shawarma de cordero (Carolyn) y pollo (me) 
On the way to the restaurant we pointed out to Mauricio the cafe where we had our first meal in Lima this summer. As we did this, we also remembered that said cafe had an ice cream counter...
Strawberry sherbet for me and Carolyn's choice had a strange name that we couldn't translate but tasted great!
So, of course, after dinner we stopped by for some scoops!
I came back and did some more packing and then we went out to meet up with our friends for my last night in Lima! 

Originally we were going to a concert, then that didn't work out so we headed to another popular venue that happened to be having some huge pre-sale-only-tickets event that night and finally after walking around Barranco for about 1.5 hours, we headed back to Laura and Brenda's depa (apartment) and just enjoyed some drinks on their terraza. I told them there was only one thing I had to have from the night and that was one last picture with everyone. After the picture below, I said my final goodbyes and Carolyn, Mauricio and I headed down to the street corner to haggle with taxi drivers for a good fare.  Typical night out on the town. Lima, I'll miss you.
Amigos- viejos y nuevos


No comments:

Post a Comment