The title is an ode to the lesson of the day: flexibility. I'm not going to go into any details, but I think it's a good lesson for us all to get reminded of every once in a while!
And, again, don't have many photos from today. But here's the quick and dirty:
I got to go along on the tour with Laura and 6 students. Laura knows a LOT about Pamplona, the history of the area and the root problems that exist not only there, but in many impoverished areas of many countries. I learned even more about the area getting to hear her talk about it and I feel great about giving tour by my lonesome tomorrow! Here's just a few pics from the area.
| Looking up past the cemetery to one of the most recently (within the last 2 months) invaded areas. |
After finishing the tour we headed to the stairs project to help out there. We had a giant assembly line that covered probably 100 yards total of down one mountain side and up another to where the stairs were. We hauled buckets of wet cement and while I may not be hurting now, I know when I wake up at 630AM tomorrow my body is definitely going to be feeling it.
Our dinner tonight was the best yet! (Of all the food we've gotten during clinic weeks, that is.)
Appetizer- CAULIFLOWER! Probably one of the only vegetables I've ever been served there other than the Thursday Salad Appetizer (I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this week isn't any different and we still get that salad tomorrow...)
Entree- Rice with chicken AND lentils. Best. Night. Ever.
Then I got myself an ice cream cone on the way home. Jam.
sav! so i was doing so back creeping on your blog and found this post. I'm sure you're doing such amazing things there! If you get back in time before classes slash recruitment start, we need to have a picture/story swap! also, I feel you non the struggle to find veggies. I'm not even a huge veggie person back home, but I find myself missing them here and celebrating every side salad I might get with my meal! Everything here is meat and bread and potatoes. And if you go ethnic, it's meat and bread and rice. Glad you're enjoying Peru and love from new Zealand!
ReplyDelete