Sunday morning I thought I was feeling better and I was needed to help with some students that had to stay at different hostels for one night because the students from last week's brigade had not all left yet. So I was asked to be at this other hostel at 10 am to meet with the students and make sure they knew what was going on. Most of them were asleep until 11 or so, but then I finally talked to them and told them the bus was coming at 12 to move them to the new hostel. At 12:45, we got picked up. The most frustrating part of these 3 hours was my lack of phone and almost complete inability to communicate with everyone else I was trying to coordinate plans with.
Luckily I will be getting a phone soon when another MEDLIFE staffer leaves for a vacation in the states and leaves his go-phone here!
Back to Sunday- we finally got all the kids settled in the right hostel and then took them out to the main square so they could do a little sight seeing and eat lunch. Carolyn, Momo and I grabbed a sandwich and then did the most American thing and chilled at starbucks for an hour or so reading. There were actually plenty of locals there so I guess it's not just an American thing after all!
Fast forward to later back at our apartment I started to get a little worked up about how sick I was feeling. Was dreading the coming night, knowing there was no way I could sleep with how I was feeling. All the roommates pitched in immediately and did whatever they could to help. Momo translated on the phone with one of MEDLIFE's main doctors and he told them what medicine to get me, then she and Carolyn walked to the pharmacy and picked it up for me. Joe sat with me in the living room and kept me company while we waited and then we all watched a movie together (and the medicine kicked in and I finally got relief from the pain.) I stayed up after taking my second dose of pain meds to let it have time to kick in before I tried to fall asleep. Joe stayed up with me to make sure I didn't get sick or need anything. Couldn't have asked for better friends.
THANK YOU Lord for sleeping through the night and for, once again, everyone chipping in and re working the schedule so that I could continue recovering today.
Praying for healing!
ReplyDelete