The second Saturday of any mobile clinic week involves a tour of some other parts of Lima that the kids haven't yet seen. First, we drive to the district of Chorrillos which is right on the coast. We drive up to a look-out point where there is a great view of the city, the water, and of course, a giant statue of Jesus.
Some MEDVIDA staff. Beto being silly.
This last picture was down by the water. The sea here is mostly used by surfers and the sand by bikers, runners, and kids having a little fun with a pick-up game of FUTBOL.
After these two stops we headed to Barranco, another really neat district of Lima. A few MEDLIFE staff members live there and I enjoyed my first visit there today. We were on a tight schedule so we just grabbed lunch at the supermarket (almost all the grocery stores here have some kind of prepared food, hot bar and/or salad bar). I tried chicha morada for the first time and bought a cheap pair of black flats (for 8 US dollars) because I realized that while I had the foresight to pack tights for the cooler temperatures, I neglected to bring any shoes that can stylishly be worn with tights. Hence the new flats. My only problem is that one of the shoes feels slightly smaller than the other. I'm convinced it's a defect in the product, but Eddie now constantly teases me that I have one foot larger than the other.
Oh well. At least it's not hard to find shoes in my size here. Peruvians are a shorter people, with little feet. Hooray for my size 7 tootsies.
No comments:
Post a Comment